Netley Hall Fishery comprises of five course fishing lakes. The five fishing lakes are Specimen Lake, Meadow Pool, Shady Pool, Middle Poole and Carp Pool and with the exception of Specimen Lake the other pools date from the late 19th century having been created for the Hope-Edwards family, for whom the mansion house and its ornamental and natural grounds were built by the Shropshire architect Edward Haydock.
Each pool is home to a variety of fish including Roach, Perch and many types of carp with weights up to 25Ib, this is a fishery for the experienced angler as stocking levels are maintained to ensure that the fish can survive in their natural habitat. So a word of caution - don’t expect them to jump out the water the minute you arrive!
***NEW*** NETLEY HALL'S PRIVATE ANGLING CLUB IS NOW OPEN FOR MEMBERSHIP
- We ask all anglers to use barbless hooks only.
- All five lakes operate on a catch and release basis only
- Netley Hall Estate do not provide, landing nets, keep nets or unhooking mats.
- No tiger nuts, floating baits or trout pellets permitted
- No night fishing; fishing is permitted between 8.30am – 8.30pm only
- Fishing is permitted subject to availability please call 01743 718 339 to book giving at least 48 hours notice
- Please use net wash before accessing the lakes
- All unused bait is to be taken home and not put into lakes.
- No tin cans permitted around lake.
- Only use a minimum amount of ground bait
- Please use bins provided at all times for rubbish, any litter left around the lake will incur a £20 penalty charge
- Please fish within your own peg number and do no spread out onto other pegs.
- Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- All cars must be parked on main lower car park.
- All fish over 20llbs are to be recorded and logged with reception.
- Up to two rods per peg permitted in the water at any one time.
- No rods are to be left in the water unattended at any time.
Fishing is charged to guests and residents at £5.00 per rod per day or £25.00 per rod per week, per person.
Day fishing for non guests and/or members is permitted subject to availability call 01743 718 339 to book - charged at £10.00 per rod per day.
Shady Pool – This pool is long and deep at 0.5 acres, offering single bank fishing in a beautiful wooded setting. The far bank is shrouded with rhododendrons (which are simply stunning when in bloom).
Middle Pool – This pool has partially wooded surroundings at 0.75 acres and a splendid view of the mansion house, which makes it an idyllic fishing location.
Carp Pool – This pool is 0.67 acres.
Specimen Lake – This is the largest lake on the estate and has splendid views of the parkland and Mansion House